Monday, September 8, 2008

A picture of Connor and I



I have NO pictures of Connor and I, so I took it upon myself to get the tripod out tonight and take a shot. It's not the greatest, but it will do. I also took a picture of myself to give me a reminder that I need to lose weight. I have always been a healthy "overweight" girl with perfect blood pressure, and no complaints of anything. Recently, I went to the doctor and my blood pressure was high. He told me that if it has not gone down in three weeks when I go back, he will have to consider putting me on medication. Being the nervous nelly that I am, I looked on the internet what a dangerous level is, and I am not to that point yet, but I am sure on my way. It is however, probably one of the reasons why I have been having headaches and so tired. I want another baby, and I don't think I will get it unless I become healthier. Because I am about to embark on a new chapter in my life (turning 30), I have made it my first goal to lose 14lbs. This will bring me back to my pre-pregnancy weight. After that, I will continue with my goals. Hopefully, at that point I will be pregnant, but I WILL remain healthy throughout. I want to be around for a long time for Connor, Chris, and my future children.

5 comments:

dana said...

glad you are taking your health seriously,not many people make an effort after just a warning.

Stephanie said...

I am happy for you and praying everything works out with the blood pressure and baby front, remembering those darn pills was a pita when I took them while pregnant last time the bed rest kind of stunk too. Maggie and I will be happy to join you and Connor at the gym we have been wanting to go in the evening!!

Katy Bates said...

I'll be more than happy in joining you on your walk to health! Being pregnant has made me realize that I probably don't eat very well and should start taking better care of myself! I'd be happy to join you at the gym - I need to get back into it!
Love the picture of you and Connor!

Amanda said...

It's great seeing a pic of you and Connor together. As Mommys we tend to always be behind the camera instead of in front. Glad you took the time to be in the picture.

Highland Hussy said...

I'm glad to see a pic of you two! I hardly have any of the kids and me either. My mom is on weight watchers and looks fabulous!! Since Jan she is down 23 lbs and holding! Good luck...I had to buy a treadmill and I'm still up 10 lbs...