Friday, May 2, 2008

House Explosion

At 4:35am this morning, I heard a LOUD boom and the house shook. I thought it was another earthquake, but thought it was too intense for the short amount if time it lasted. Then I thought it was thunder, but no, it was quiet outside. I stood at out bedroom window waiting to hear, see something. Nothing, went to the bathroom, still nothing. Then I looked out again, and there was someone walking around in my neighbors yard. Didn't look like my neighbor though, so it kind of freaked me out. I didn't have my glasses on though, so who knows what I saw. It was dark out. Anyway, I then heard sirens, but nothing too severe. I laid back in bed, couldn't sleep, so I turned on the TV. Nothing on the news yet, Finally about 5:15am they said something. There was a house explosion about 2 miles away. Pretty scary that it actually shook our house. Three people were inside, (or so they say), all are alive at this point. Criminal issues are suspected, as which usually is the case in a house explosion. As I am talking, I hear the helicopters flying by. What an eventful morning. I wil need to go to bed early tonight!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Yeah I didn't hear it as I haven't been sleeping well so I must have been getting good sleep then although I did hear Brian open Maggie's door to check on her must be those mommy ears .

dana said...

so much for being in bed early tonight. good luck at the party tomorrow, mexican food sounds yummy, well so do cupcakes, LOL